So you have eliminated grains and dairy, you are new at this “paleo thing” and frustrated with trying to find things to eat. You may be needing to eat 6 times a day on your new program and wanting some tasty options. This doesn’t have to be boring…it’s a new chapter in your life and your health!
Some of these suggestions need refrigeration or heating up and some are just fine at room temp.
1. Turkey slices rolled up (I like mine with lots of freshly ground pepper), and a dill pickle, raw sauerkraut or kim chi (I like the Rejuvenate Brand Spicy Kim Chi available at Whole Foods). Anything with “chi” in the name has to be good for our chi, right? 😉
2. Half of the protein shake you had a breakfast, which you have chilled to have later.
3. Smoked Alaskan, wild salmon (often called “lox”) with a sliced persian cucumber.
4. Shredded white meat chicken with half an avocado.
5. Leftovers from last night’s stir fry.
6. Skinless, boneless sardines in olive oil (don’t turn your nose up…these are delicious and jam-packed with protein and omega 3’s)! 😉
I always have some of these in the office in case I need them and I when I travel I take several tins in my suitcase. They are very convenient!
7. Canned tuna in olive oil, with half of a lemon squeezed on it (I bring this with me when I am out all day long as it keeps well and doesn’t need refrigeration).
8. Three slices of turkey bacon which you made this morning. This also keeps great after cooking, doesn’t need refrigeration and the strips taste like “jerky” when you eat them later.
9. Chicken soup (which you previously made a couple of days ago so you’d have something to eat for a few days).
There are tons of options. Get out of that headspace of “feeling deprived”…keep your mind open, try new tastes and explore the many foods available. Good luck, stay healthy and have fun with it!
Yours in health, healing and happiness,
Dr. Elena 😉
Dr. Elena Michaels is a naturopathic doctor, holistic psychotherapist and clinical hypnotherapist who has been helping people access their inner healing power for over 30 years. Having personally overcome many health challenges including advanced stage cancer, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis (autoimmune disease) and cardiac issues, her passion is helping others regain their health and vitality and take control of their life.