Last night was chilly and I really wanted hot chocolate, so here’s what I made and it was delicious! I thought I would share it with you!
Dr. Elena’s Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free Hot Chocolate
(Fat-Burning from coconut milk and antioxidant rich from cocao)
1. Pour unsweetened, organic almond milk into a saucepan on low heat
2. As it’s warming up, whisk in organic fine-milled cacao powder (unsweetened)
3. Add a dash of cinnamon
4. Add liquid stevia to taste (I used 2 flavors – Sweet Leaf Chocolate and Vanilla Cream)
5. Keep whisking and tasting until it is as sweet and as “chocolate-y” as you like
6. Without shaking the can, open a can of organic coconut milk (make sure it has nothing but coconut milk in it…no additives)
7. Scoop out the super thick, dense coconut cream from the can (the canned coconut milk always settles and separates which can be very convenient! You can use the more liquid coconut milk for curries, or ???
8. Add liquid stevia flavor of Vanilla Cream or English Toffee to taste
9. Pour the cocoa/almond milk liquid into a mug and spoon over it the sweetened coconut “cream”
Enjoy this amazing and super creamy and healthy treat!
(Note: This contains nuts from the almond milk and is not suitable for those on a program that temporarily restricts nuts.)